(Ministerial Resolution No.
(190) was issued on (9/5/1435H), approving operation rules and procedures of Insurance Disputes and Violations Settlement Committees, which regulate the works of the Preliminary and Appeal Committees. Article 13, in particular, of those Rules and Procedures provided for that the mandated tasks of the committees’ Secretariat General shall be as follows: Committees’ Secretariat General, under the supervision of the Secretary-General, shall perform the following functions:
1. The administrative works and conducts researches, studies and providing supportive consultations.
2. Registers, arranges and numbers cases, as well as conducts documentation works and correspondences, schedules case sessions and prepares reports.
3. Proposes compromise procedures that shall be approved by the Minister.
4. Classifies resolutions issued by Committees before their publication.
5. Preparing annual statistics of the committees’ works, decisions and durations of litigation.
6. Performing any procedure that falls under its mandated tasks as determined by the Ministerial Resolution.